30 June 2012

couched +in secrecy+


your face...it's nice
I saw the loveliest (ultra-feminine) floral couch the other day at this new second-hand furniture store, Resell It, which recently opened on Grant Avenue in Norwood. I've never wanted an (ultra-feminine) floral couch, I'm not ultra-feminine or particularly floral but oh-damn-oh-man I really wanted that couch.

Alas, Ric ended up talking me out of it, given that we're trying to impose "stringent austerity measures" on ourselves to pay off our debts. Ric was Germany, I was Greece. Indeed, notwithstanding the fact that my ancestors were of Scandinavian/German/Dutch persuasion, I managed to summon some latent mediterranean passion within me and had a vociferous shit-fit about not being able to get the couch. Two (highly demonstrative and gesticulative) hours later, I finally resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't be able to get the couch.

But, you see, my mediterranean boyfriend is super sneaky and surprisingly calculating. As I arrived home the other afternoon, I was ambushed by the lovely (ultra-feminine) floral couch sitting in my sitting room together with a beautiful ceramic strawberry (fields-forever) ornament.


I'm still surprised by just how damn sneaky Ric was (and still slightly embarassed about what a dramatic ass I was) but, notwithstanding this, I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present...or a better boyfriend. He treats me nice, he puts up with my drama and he doesn't mind living with a lovely (ultra-feminine) floral couch. He's a keeper fo sho.


No comments:

Post a Comment