30 June 2012

Control on the Road

I'm super excited for On the Road (based on Jack Kerouac's novel of the same title) to hit the cinemas. I've read mixed reviews on the film but I'm nonetheless interested to see how the film depicts the novel and the Beat Generation to which Kerouac was so intergral.  


When I saw that Sam Riley was in the film, well, that made me really (REALLY) happy. He stars in one of my all-time favourite films, Control, based on the life and untimely death (by suicide) of Ian Curtis, the lead singer of Joy Division. Sam Riley is Ian Curtis in this film. Even if you aren't familiar with the band, the film is definitely worth a watch. It is beautiful, painful cinematic magic. 


And to bring it back home, Spoek Mathambo recently released a cover of Joy Division's song Control which I think is an awesome interpretation of the song and a damned-tight music video.



No comments:

Post a Comment