02 September 2012

Mussaman Curry Stir Fry



I'm addicted to coconut at the moment and so I headed to Chinatown in Cyrildene to stock up on and satisfy my obscene craving for the-best-ever-coconut-drink-ever-(!)(above) as well as to buy some other foodstuffs, such buckwheat noodles (which are ready in a record time of 5 minutes...the quicker the better), fresh vegetables, nuts and tofu.


Truth be told, I also get a kick out of going there because I get to indulge my infantile self by finding as many discretely-placed expletives on the food packaging as possible...sort of like a grown-up (yeah right) version of I spy. 

Anyway I decided to make the above-mentioned (very quick and easy dish) for dinner. Woollies has a really nice curry paste (consisting of onion, galangal, red chilli, lemon grass, coriander, cumin, lime peel, tamarind and various spices) which I used as the base for my stir-fry. 


Ingredients: 
  • 1 small head of broccoli, chopped
  • 1/2 packet mushrooms, chopped
  • 1 can coconut milk
  • 1 tsp soy sauce
  • 1 packet firm tofu, diced
  • 1 cup cashew nuts
  • 1 packet Woollies Mussaman Curry Paste
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • buckwheat noodles (or noodles of your choice)
Heat some olive oil in a pan and fry the broccoli and mushrooms with some salt and pepper until they are soft yet firm. Add the tofu, cashew nuts, coconut milk, curry paste and soy sauce and mix. Bring to a boil and leave to simmer for about twenty minutes, stirring occasionally.

Prepare the noodles. If you're using buckwheat noodles, dump those suckers in boiling water for about three to five minutes and voila, they'll be done in no time. 

Serve and slurp 
(in appreciation!)

No comments:

Post a Comment