26 January 2012

Urlaub


I’ve just paid the deposit for our trip to Oyster Bay later in the year. We didn’t really get much of a break over the festive season so I’m looking forward to this trip so much. I’m used to having a family beach holiday at least once a year but since I’ve started working, (very) regrettably I haven’t been able to adhere to this custom. I’ve never had the opportunity to go to Oyster Bay but I already feel as if I know the place since my mom spent so much time there on holiday as a teenager. We’ve found a great pet-friendly place right on the beach (which should be quiet and empty after high-season) and I cannot wait to read, spend my days walking the beach, (probably) save-dogs-from-getting-swept-into-the-sea and spend some quality time with tookey. I think it’s so important to have things to look forward to and I’ve resolved that this will be the year where I start experiencing more than I consume.   
“Do you know a cure for me?"

Why yes," he said, "I know a cure for everything. Salt water."

Salt water?" I asked him.

Yes," he said, "in one way or the other. Sweat, or tears, or the salt sea.”

No comments:

Post a Comment