26 January 2012

Unearthing

This morning I received a link from my (one and only) vegan colleague at work to the blog, Carciofi Rosso. One of its posts lists most of the vegan products available at our local Pick ‘n Pays. It’s astounding what an on-going educational process being vegan is, but in a really positive, reversal-of-expectations way. For example, today I learnt that Coco Pops (yes Coco Pops) and Strawberry Pops (yes Strawberry Pops) are vegan! I’ve never even bothered looking at the cereals' ingredients, simply assuming that it would have some form of dairy as an ingredient.
Admittedly it’s a small joy but accumulatively these unearthings keep proving that it’s so much easier to be vegan than I thought and serve to keep reminding me that being vegan requires on-going proactive enquiry. 
I then stumbled upon two further blogs which are incredibly interesting. The first, The Vegan Stoner, is a uniquely personalised take on the vegan blog. It’s super creative all around with great recipes and humoristic illustrations. The recipes look delicious but also simple and accessible (ingredients-wise) which is really vital to Ric and I with our long working weeks. The second blog, Vegan MoFo, is a really interesting concept which dovetails with NaNoWriMo, in the sense that you write as much as you can about Vegan Food for the month of November (but it seems to span across November). It’s an useful Vegan database with masses of information, ideas and blog-links. Although not everything is relevant, with our being situated in the “overseas” and all, it’s still pretty useful. I’ve fallen in love with the Vegan Sugar Skulls and am determined to create my own set sometime soon.

Another item on the weekend-menu is The Vegan Swedes’ Chocolate Chip Ice-Cream Sandwiches*heaven*.

No comments:

Post a Comment