07 December 2011

Verbal Vomit


I was looking through one of my favourite blogs today, Verbal Vomit, which consists of random anecdotes on and illustrations of the daily trials and tribulations of Hannah Hillam, a vegetarian, instrument-playing, (wannabe) Hipster, (actual) Illustrator and Designer from America. Certain aspects of her post on love i.e. "The Story of Shaun" i.e. an abridged historical rendition of her relationship with her boyfriend, struck a chord with me.

So...now that I've made it explicitly clear that the following illustrations and text are the intellectual property of Hanna Hillam and are in no way whatsoever my original ideas or works, I can be a cheat and share it on my blog and dedicate it to Ric (just substitute "Shaun" for "Ric", "10 years" for "4 years" and "Taco Bell" for "pita bread and humous" alternatively, "sun-dried tomatoes and olives", further alternatively "lemon juice")...

"We're immature together. We make each other laugh. Like, really laugh.

We also frustrate each other so much sometimes, and we argue over really stupid things. We're both stubborn and difficult and pains in the neck. But we both know that the other is worth the trouble.


In the 10 years I've known Sean, he's shown me every kind of love I've needed. I'm a better person because I know him. Just by being himself, he inspires me to be honest and good, and to try my best at everything I do. He's taught me patience and understanding. His sensitivity has softened my heart, and torn down walls and defenses that I've carefully built up. He loves me when I'm selfish, and when I'm forgetful. He loves me when I'm chaotic, and when I'm peaceful.

He's the best!"


No comments:

Post a Comment