10 March 2013

Tofu and Chinese Rice Salad




This has to be one of my favourite meals ever. I think I could eat it every single day. Every. Damn. Day. *drool*

Ric and I have spent the weekend coming up with a meal plan for the week to ensure that 

1) we eat healthily; 
2) we stop spending so much damn money on food we never end up eating and 
3) we (i.e. I ) don't have to prepare anything that takes longer than 30 minutes during the week. 

This recipe comes from the Ultimate Book of Vegan Cooking which is my go-to book for amazingly simple and delicious meals. I think I must have made every recipe contained in it by now. 

I've made some changes to the recipe to allow for a quicker preparation time insofar as the rice is concerned but you're welcome to replace the ready-made rice with half a cup basmati rice and half a cup wild rice. 

Ingredients: 


  • 1 packet Tastic "Simply Delicious" ready to eat Chinese Fried Rice 
  • 250g firm smoked or plain)tofu
  • zest of 1 lemon
  • 20g fresh chopped parsley
  • 1 red pepper
For the dressing: 
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1 tbsp Agave syrup
  • 2 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 small red chilli (or) a pinch of cayenne pepper
  • 1 tsp harissa paste (optional)
  • ground black pepper
Cut the tofu into cubes and set aside. Prepare the dressing by whisking all of the ingredients in a small bowl. 

Pour the dressing over the tofu and leave to stand for about 10 minutes while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.  

Prepare the Tastic rice as set out in the instructions on the packet (difficult, I know). 

Mix the tofu, dressing, lemon zest and parsley into the rice and serve immediately. 


No comments:

Post a Comment