04 February 2013

Le chick c'est chic




So one of my New Year's resolutions was/is to stop eating potato chips (yup. I'm aiming high this year).They say you should never quit something cold-turkey but rather replace one habit with another, so that's what I've done. 

In order to achieve my lofty goal, I've replaced the potato chips with copious amounts of roasted chickpeas. To date, I haven't eaten any chips (this excludes popcorn- I draw the line there). 

These chickpeas are so DAMN FLIPPIN' good and I've got my kitchen cupboard stockpiled with cans...just like those "Doomsday Preppers" on the Discovery network or, even better, those "Extreme Couponing" people...just without the coupons. 

They're pretty simple to make and you can spice them up with just about anything that you have (and like) in your spice rack. 

My preferred ingredients are as follows: 

  • 1 can chickpeas, drained
  • 1 tbsn olive oil
  • 1 tbsp vinegar
  • 2 tsp cumin seeds / cumin powder
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (or if you don't like things spicy, then 1 tsp paprika)
Preheat the oven to about 180 degrees Celsius. 

Spread the chickpeas onto an oven-proof dish and coat with the remaining ingredients. 

Place the chickpeas in the oven for about 20-30 minutes (depending on how crunchy you want them) and then proceed to...


*MUNCH* 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment