21 October 2012

Nori Crisps



I realise I haven't done any food posts in ages; truth be told my camera has packed up and I find it immensely frustrating taking food photos with my smartphone. The picture quality is shit and all the food comes out looking like a depressing dish from the 1970s...not because the food is depressing but because the damn phone saps all of the colour and life out of the food.

Anyway, as I've probably mentioned before, chips are my downfall. I can eat as healthily as I want but I can easily work my way through copious amounts of salt and vinegar chips which, I guess, are fine in moderation but I don't tend to moderate. So my skin and kidneys suffer as a result. 

I read at some point that your body never craves any particular food per se but generally more a texture of a food. I'm not sure how convinced I am about that since a crispy apple does sweet nothing to curb my chip cravings. 

However, I have found that these Nori crisps tend to hit the spot. As you'll be aware, seaweed is really good for you, fat-free, low-calorie and accordingly, guilt-free (and easier on the skin and kidneys). 



What you'll need: 

  • 1 pack nori seaweed
  • 1 tbsn sesame oil
  • 2 tbsn rice vinegar
  • 1 tsp soy sauce 
  • 1 tsp agave nectar (optional) 
Preheat the oven to about 180 degrees celsius. 

Mix the oil, vinegar, soy sauce and agave nectar in a bowl. 

Cut each nori sheet into four squares and place each square on a baking tray. 


Brush each nori square with some of the oil mixture. 

Place the nori sheets in the oven for about three minutes (be sure to keep an eye on them as they burn quite easily). The nori sheets should be a slightly darker colour and crispy. 

Serve and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment