02 August 2012

Alt. wedding procession.

Last year sometime, we bought a reproduction of Pieter Brueghel's "The Wedding Procession" from our local hospice shop on Louis Botha Avenue.



I've been eyeing the print out ever since and sporadically telling Ric that I want to (with the best intentions) deface it in order to make it a bit less austere, a bit more modern, a bit more "us"...but then I'd keep on forgetting to do anything about it until the next time I pass by it on my way to the loo.

This past weekend I was chatting to Ric's brother and, in passing, told him how I'd like to put skulls in place of the people's faces on the print, so he popped out and bought me some (super exciting skull and Matryoshka doll) stickers which I cut out and stuck onto the print (note: only the Matryoshka doll's fiddle made the cut). 



So now its become the living dead leading the dead living's wedding procession, which seems more apt, since we're all in the process of living and dying (on multifarious levels) in any event.

I think that, decoratively, Ric has given up questioning anything I do. He sort of just sighs, acquiesces and lets me proceed with my weird ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment