06 March 2012

Scramble.Gamble

Despite my best attempts, I’ve really never been inclined towards sweetness. Whilst this statement may serve as a précis of my life, today I’ll limit it to food. There is nothing better for me than starting the day off with a deliciously savory breakfast. I’m presently addicted to scrambled tofu on toast with copious amounts of tomato sauce. Oh my, I’ve always loved anything saucy.  

Ingredients:
·         1 packet firm tofu
·         5 spring onions
·         1-2 cloves garlic
·         1-2 radishes
·         1 packet sliced mushrooms
·         Unlimited cherry tomatoes
·         Salt and pepper to taste
·         Pinch of Turmeric (for colouring)
·         Pinch of Paprika
·         olive oil
·         nutritional yeast and/or marmite (optional)
·         vegan parmesan cheese (optional)


Chop the spring onions, garlic, radishes, mushrooms.
Pour olive oil into a pan and fry the spring onions, radishes and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cherry tomatoes and fry until soft. Crumble tofu into the frying pan and mix ingredients (hereinafter referred to as “the scramble-gamble”).


Season the scramble-gamble with turmeric, paprika, salt and pepper. I tend to add about 1 teaspoon of marmite to the mix as well as a dash of vegan parmesan cheese.


Serve with toast and (copious amounts of) sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment